How to enter the NYS Fair…..
If you don’t have the internet, or prefer not to enter on line, contact the Entry Department by Phone: 315.487.7711 ext. 1337 and ask for an entry booklet.
PLEASE NOTE DEADLINE:
ALL ENTRY FORMS MUST BE POSTMARKED OR DROPPED OFF
BY 4:30 PM ON JULY 8, 2013. NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
AFTER THIS DATE. ENTRY FORMS FOR COMPETITIONS ARE IN THE CENTER OF THE PREMIUM BOOK.
1. All entry forms must be completed to include name, address, social security number and return mailing or pick-up information.
2. All entry FORMS must be postmarked or dropped off by 4:30 p.m. on July 8, 2013. NO EXCEPTIONS. Entry fees must be included with forms.
3. All WORKS (EXCEPT CULINARY) must be received at the Harriet May Mills Art & Home Center by August 10 (see individual calendars for receiving days), if mailing, August 9. Culinary entries are received the day of the specific culinary competition.
4. Only one form per person, per department will be accepted. You may enter on-line with a credit card at http://www.nysfair.org/competitions.
5. Competitions are open to NYS residents ONLY. For further information or additional copies of this premium book, please call (315) 487-7711 extension 1265, or write to: Art & Home Center, New York State Fair, 581 State Fair Blvd., Syracuse, New York 13209.
PROCEDURES FOR ENTERING ARTS AND CRAFTS COMPETITION
1. An exhibitor's fee of $8.00 will be charged which allows you to enter a maximum of five (5) entries in the Arts & Crafts Competition (one entry form per person). Only one entry may be made in a class. THE EXHIBITOR FEE WILL PROVIDE ADMISSION TICKET, GOOD FOR ONE DAY ONLY.
2. Exhibitor's fee ($8.00) must be submitted with the entry form (make checks payable to the New York State Fair). All entries must be listed on the entry form and additional items are not acceptable. NO REFUNDS OF EXHIBITOR FEE. (Mail your completed entry form first -postmarked by July 8th - NO EXCEPTIONS!) Allow enough time to receive necessary entry tags. Attach tag to your article, then after attaching tags, mail or bring in your article (tags must be attached). ARTICLE MUST BE RECEIVED BY AUGUST 9, IF MAILED. MAIL EARLY. ENTRIES BEING RETURNED BY UPS MUST INCLUDE THE RETURN UPS PAID POSTAGE RECEIPT. THIS POSTAGE IS TO BE SUBMITTED WITH YOUR ACTUAL ARTICLE.
3. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE YOUR ENTRY TAG AND EXHIBITOR'S TICKET IN THE MAIL, YOU WILL BE ISSUED BOTH WHEN YOU SUBMIT YOUR ARTICLE ON THE RECEIVING DAYS.
4. Complete each entry tag in full. Add any personal information you would like to share about your article on the back of the entry tag. Securely attach the tag to the upper right hand side of your article with a length of string or yarn 8 to 10 inches long, letting your tag hang free from the article. All names of exhibitor will be concealed for purpose of judging. BRING NOTIFICATION CARD WITH YOU – DO NOT MAIL. NOTIFICATION CARD MUST BE COMPLETELY FILLED OUT AND HAVE POSTAGE AFFIXED TO IT.
5. Entry tags and notification card will be mailed after entry form is received. To receive notification, put return postage on the Notification Card which will be mailed to you after judging. Return this card with entry properly filled out and with postage. It will then be returned to you after judging marked “Accepted” or “Not Accepted”. Notification will not be sent to you unless postage stamp is included on postcard.
6. Any name identification on the article itself must be removed or concealed by the exhibitor.
7. Entries must be entirely the work of the individual exhibitor, (no group entries) and must have been completed within the past two years. (Except in Quilt Category.) Previously entered articles will not be accepted.
8. The judges selected are fully qualified and their decisions will be final. Judges will in no case award a prize where there is no merit. The jury also reserves the right to refuse those works not suitable for display. All judging will be done prior to the opening of the Fair.
9. Judges will comment on non-accepted articles only.
10. All prize and/or ribbon winning entries will be displayed at the discretion of the department for the DURATION of the Fair. A notice to all exhibitors will be mailed out following the judging. Non-winning articles are to be removed in strict accordance with the calendar on page 5.
11. Guard service is provided by the Harriet May Mills Art & Home Center. However, the Fair or any affiliate thereof assumes no responsibility for loss or damage to exhibits from any cause. The exhibitor should arrange locally for term insurance on very valuable works.12. Mail articles to: Arts and Crafts Division, Art and Home Center, New York State Fair, 581 State Fair Blvd., Syracuse, New York 13209. Put the Department #31 on the outside of the box.
13. Mail entry forms to Entry Department, New York State Fair, 581 State Fair Blvd., Syracuse, New York 13209.
14. If your entries are to be returned by mail, print MAIL BACK at the bottom of the entry tag that remains affixed to the article. SEE INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAILING ON ENTRY FORM.
15. Items to be returned by mail must be sent in sturdy boxes suitable for reuse. ALL POSTAGE MUST BE PREPAID. MAIL BACKS CANNOT GO TO A PO BOX. ENTRIES BEING RETURNED BY UPS MUST INCLUDE THE RETURN UPS PAID POSTAGE RECEIPT. THIS POSTAGE IS TO BE SUBMITTED WITH YOUR ACTUAL ARTICLE.
16. Payment of premiums will be processed after the conclusion of the 2013 New York State Fair.
17. Open to New York State residents only.
18. All items are returned by UPS – not US mail, WE MUST HAVE A STREET ADDRESS – NO PO BOXES. Pre-paid receipt will be put on returned article.
19. ***IMPORTANT*** Entry form must be mailed separate from article.
20. THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE FOR DIVISION D (YOUTH DIVISION – 16 YEARS AND UNDER).
DEPARTMENT 31 - ARTS & CRAFTS DIVISION
SELECTED CLASSES ARE SOLELY THE DECISION AND CHOICE OFTHE ENTRANT. THE FAIR OR FAIR JUDGES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SELECTING APPROPRIATE DIVISION OR CLASS FOR ENTRIES.
DIRECTOR'S AWARD: A ribbon will be awarded to the "Best of Show" in overall competition. All Divisions and Classes are eligible.
The emphasis will be on high quality workmanship, combined with the principles of good design, form, line texture, color, etc. No kit or commercial pattern unless designated in the schedule. No sets. NO PLASTIC CANVAS.
Judge's decisions for awards will be based on the following:
Cleanliness (Appropriate for Judging)
Suitable for intended use
Appropriate in quality, size, color, finish and design
DIVISION R (No Plastic Canvas)
Class 1st 2nd 3rd 4th
1. Scrap art - on 3 x 5 card list materials $10, $5, $3, $2
2. Hanging Christmas tree ball ornament $10, $5, $3, $2
3. Hanging Xmas tree dec, other than ball ornaments $10, $5, $3, $2
4. Holiday dec. suitable for over/on the mantle or door $10, $5, $3, $2
5. Holiday decoration made from dried or preserved or natural
materials (trims may be artificial) $10, $5, $3, $2
6. Hand decorated tee or sweatshirt $10, $5, $3, $2
7. Paper (rubber stamping, pergamno, scherenchnitte, etc.) $10, $5, $3, $2
8. Silk flower creations $10, $5, $3, $2
9. Paper quilling creation $10, $5, $3, $2
Class 1st 2nd 3rd 4th
1 Still life – fruit, floral, etc. $25, $20, $10, $0
2. Stroke Work – Bavarian, Early Ameri., Rosemaling, etc. $25, $20, $10, $0
3. Folk Art – country folk art, primitive, Americana, etc. $25, $20, $10, $0
4. Animals/birds $25, $20, $10, $0
5. Landscape – land, seascape $25, $20, $10, $0
6. Whimsical/Mystical $25, $20, $10, $0
Entering Oneida County Fair
www.BoonvileFair.com or call the office at 942-2251